The Metal Gift Company delivers within South Africa, either door-to-door or door-to-counter, depending on where you’re located. If you reside outside of a main centre but would like door to door delivery – you can select that delivery option for a R100 delivery fee.
During the checkout process, The Metal Gift Company will determine your delivery options based on your delivery address and postal code. For South African orders, irrespective of whether you select door to door delivery, or door to counter delivery, The Metal Gift Company will deliver within 3 – 7 working days depending on where you live. For deliveries to Namibia, The Metal Gift Company aims to have your package to you within 10 working days.
Should you have any queries regarding your delivery options, please call our customer support agents on 011 822 1380 or email email@example.com
The Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 (“ECT Act”) entitles you to cancel your purchase within 7 days’ notice if the products you have purchased are not be delivered within the agreed delivery period as specified in the The Metal Gift Company terms and conditions. The product(s) in question must be returned to in their original state, including all labels. Any such cancellation must be done by via The Metal Gift Company call centre by either calling 011 822 1380 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org – The Metal Gift Company will then refund you.
Should a product you have ordered be:
1. temporarily unavailable, The Metal Gift Company will notify you thereof as well as the anticipated delay in delivery and, unless you agree to wait for such longer period for delivery, or accept delivery of another product instead or a credit on your The Metal Gift Company account, The Metal Gift Company will issue a refund in respect of that product to you;
2. Permanently unavailable, The Metal Gift Company will notify you and, unless you agree to accept another product instead or a credit on your The Metal Gift Company account,The Metal Gift Company will issue a refund in respect of that product to you.
3. Should you have redeemed a voucher or coupon against a product that is temporarily unavailable and you do not agree to an extended delivery period, or to accept delivery of another product instead, or the product is permanently unavailable and you do not agree to accept another product instead, The Metal Gift Company will re-issue you with a replacement voucher to the same value, with the same voucher terms and conditions.
Non-defective products (your right to return)
1. Save for certain exceptional cases (except products made to your specifications, such as made-to-order products), you are entitled to return any purchase concluded on The Metal Gift Company within 30 days of the product(s) being delivered. In order to obtain a purchase price refund, the product(s) being returned must be sent back to The Metal Gift Company in accordance with the return procedure set out in clause 7 below.
2. Consequently, if upon receiving your purchase you are not satisfied with your choice of product(s) and wish to return it for a refund as aforesaid, please retain the product(s)’ original packaging and do not use the product. In particular, if you want to return non-defective products or accessories, please ensure the items are returned in the exact condition they were received in, and in their original packaging.
3. If the incorrect product is delivered to you by mistake (i.e. it is not the product you purchased), please do not remove the product from its original packaging at all. Please promptly contact the The Metal Gift Company call centre on 011 822 1380 or email email@example.com to notify The Metal Gift Company thereof, so that we can resolve the mistake by arranging to collect such product from you and deliver the correct product to you as quickly as possible.
If, within 6 months after delivery of a product to you:
You find that the product is defective/faulty, unsuitable for the purpose generally
intended (or otherwise expressly indicated by The Metal Gift Company at time of purchase), or not legal or reasonably durable (based on the circumstances and product type) (“defective”); and –
you arrange to return such product to The Metal Gift Company for inspection in accordance with the returns procedure in clause 7 below, and the product is subsequently found to indeed be defective, you are entitled to either –
(a) be fully refunded, or (b) have the product repaired or replaced at The Metal Gift Company expense
(the decision between repairing or replacing being that of The Metal Gift Company depending on availability and other relevant circumstances, and in this regard you acknowledge that Sale/ On Special products will usually only be able to be repaired).
If the product is found NOT to be defective, you will NOT be entitled to any repair, replacement or refund but will instead be liable for the costs incurred in having such product returned to The Metal Gift Company and then redelivered to you.
When is a product defective? Please note: the following are examples of things which will NOT be regarded as defects and will NOT entitle you to any repair, replacement or refund under the general warranty above: faults resulting from normal wear and tear; damage arising from incorrect usage of the product.
Certain products may come with a supplier’s guarantee. If so, this will be stated in the product listing on the site. Clear details of these guarantees are given in their listings and no shopper may ask to be covered by a wider-ranging guarantee other than the one shown on such product listing.
You may not under any circumstances return the following:
1. Non-defective products that have been “made to order”. (You will be notified in the relevant Online Sale if the products are “made to order”.)
2. Products that you or any other person has altered, repaired, incorporated or added to where such alteration, repair, incorporation or addition has not been authorised by The Metal Gift Company.